You may think of workplace wellness initiatives around free eye exams, medical evaluations, gym membership discounts, walk-to-work programmes, and even a fruit bowl in the workplace. These are all amazing initiatives and help deliver employee satisfaction but with a number of people working from home and also these initiatives just being there they tend to be forgotten and/or blend into the everyday wall-paper of the added benefits from your workplace. For us to really make a bigger impact across our team and ensure we were inspiring we looked to the 4 c’s Connect, Collaborate, Create and Care, we wanted everyone to take a role in their own well-being but also each others.
Our initial start was to consider how we would create our wellbeing strategy:
Considerations for creating our own Wellbeing Strategy
- Put an emphasis on proactive and preventative wellbeing support to increase our employee resilience.
- Get our people involved, collaborate to create and nurture the value of wellbeing in our business.
- Promote healthy lifestyle behaviours, research and science-based wellbeing activities that are shown to promote general health and wellbeing, and get our people involved to build and cultivate the value of wellbeing at our business.
- Make investments in long-term wellbeing initiatives (i.e. over several years).
- Provide opportunities for our people to engage in health and wellbeing activities at work, at home and in their communities.
How did we do it?
In November 2021 we connected off-site for our Annual Health and Wellbeing Workshop and as a team listened to a variety of speakers as well as participated in some learning exercises that we could implement at home and at work. With the exercises and off-site session it gave us all some simple tools to incorporate into our daily lives. Following this session the whole team were involved in collaborating and creating our Wellbeing Strategy and Health and Wellbeing Policy.
Connecting as a team, collaborating and creating our strategy and our 12 month wellbeing calendar with monthly activities driven by a member of the team each month allows us to all to take charge and drive the wellbeing and health for the entire team with the impetus being shared around and each member adopting a key activity that they are passionate about.
Check our evolving activity planner below: